JCP&L Winter Storm Press Release- March 13, 2017
JCP&L Planning for Winter Storm
Storm Plan Activated and Additional Crews Mobilized
Morristown, N.J. – Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is monitoring the winter storm that is developing along the East Coast and company personnel are prepared to respond should the forecasted heavy snowfall and high winds cause power outages.
To proactively prepare for the weather event, additional line, substation, forestry, and hazard responder personnel have been secured and will be ready to assist JCP&L personnel, as needed.
Other steps JCP&L is taking to prepare for the storm include:
• Checking equipment and vehicles to make sure they are ready to operate in heavy snow conditions
• Preparing to activate its Emergency Command Center and Incident Command System tomorrow beginning at 6 a.m.
• Communicating with emergency management officials, state officials, regulators and local officials
• Activating real-time monitoring of substations
• Communicating with customers regarding storm preparation tips and safety reminders
• Continuing to secure additional FirstEnergy and contractor crews to assist with restoration efforts.
Click Here to view entire Press Release.