Monmouth County Connection processes 1000th passport application
NEPTUNE, NJ – Just 12 weeks after opening the doors, the Monmouth County Connection staff announced today that they processed their one-thousandth passport application. The lucky 1000th customer received a heart-shaped box of chocolates from County Clerk M. Claire French as a thank you.
“We are so pleased by the success of the County Connection,” says Mrs. French, “and even more thrilled that we can help so many citizens receive their United States passports.”
She explains that customer number 1000 came to the County Connection with her family to apply for a passport for herself, her husband and their two children.
“For a family, getting passports can be a real inconvenience. But at the County Connection, there are no appointments necessary and our evening and weekend hours make the process of getting a passport stress free.”
Mrs. French offers the following tips for U.S. born travelers seeking passports:
1. When applying for a passport for the first time, all applicants must have a birth certificate with a raised seal (no photocopies) showing parents names.
2. If applying for a passport for a child under age 16, both parents must appear in person with the child. If only one parent can appear, the appearing parent must present a signed and notarized consent form from. Call the Monmouth County Connection for more detailed information. Parents must also have a valid ID such as a driver license.
3. Each applicant over 18 must have a valid ID such a driver license.
4. If you have an expired passport and you are over 16, you do not need to bring your birth certificate.
5. Fees vary depending on applicant age and passport delivery, but each passport application must contain a check or money order payable to the U.S. State Department. (The State Department does not accept cash or credit cards.) Call for details on cost.
6. No appointments are necessary.
For more information, contact the County Connection at 732-303-2828.
The Monmouth County Connection is located at 3544 State Highway 66 in Neptune, adjacent to the Home Depot and across the street from Walmart. This new office of Monmouth County government offers a variety of services including passports, passport photos, free notary public, veterans’ IDs, election/voter information, senior and veterans’ services, public access computers and more.
The office is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The County Connection is under the direction of County Clerk M. Claire French and is supported by the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
Source: Jo Smith Schloeder, Director, County Connections