Click Here for the Application for Police Officers and Special Law Enforcement Officers
Click here for NTPD Recruitment and Hiring Information
Click here for the 2015 Annual Report
Click here to sign up for the Monmouth County Special Needs Registry
Neptune Township Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMERGENCY DIAL 911
For non-emergencies dial: (732) 988-8000 ext. 200
Police Director Michael J. Bascom
Chief of Police James M. Hunt, Jr.
The mission of the Neptune Township Police Department is to consistently work to improve the quality of life for all citizens of and visitors to our community.
To promote the effective partnerships and encourage community involvement to address crime, the fear of crime and other community concerns.
When you call the police department be accurate and informative
Explain why you are calling. Leaving your name is OPTIONAL
Describe the people involved in the incident
- what they look like
- what they are wearing
- approximated height and weight
- skin color/ethnicity
- hairstyle and hair color
Give an address, location, or landmark of where the incident occurred
Describe the vehicle involved
- License plate number
2016 Police Department Annual Report
Please CLICK HERE to view the report.
Car Burglary Prevention
Secure your valuables
- Lock all doors and trunks/tailgate
- Close all windows
Keep valuables out of view
- Spare change
- Sports equipment
- Brief cases/backpacks
- Laptop cases
- Cell phones/charger
- Laptop/computer equipment
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM The Township of Neptune has joined Avon-by-the-Sea, and Neptune City in an emergency notification system. This system has a feature that allows residents to log on and add themselves to the system via their own computer! The system allows residents to add up to three phone numbers and two email addresses. You can add your telephone numbers and addresses even if you think you are already listed, as the system recognizes duplications.
Click here for the link
Please note that you will need to “agree” to the basic terms and conditions before continuing your registration. The Police Department no longer refers to the system in print as “REVERSE 911” because this is a copyrighted name and belongs to another division of the same company.
Instructions for Handgun Permits and Firearms ID Card Applications
- Completely fill out ALL PAGES of the application, answering all questions.
- Driver’s License must have a Neptune Township street address (P.O. Box is not sufficient).
- References MUST know the applicant on a personal basis for greater than three (3) years and MUST be residents of New Jersey. No relatives, household members or Neptune Township police officers will be accepted.
- DO NOT sign and date pages.
- For Question #1, write complete name including middle name. If no middle name, write “NMN”.
- For Question #10, write in any scars, marks, tattoos or any other identifiers. If none, write “none”.
- For Questions #16-28, check the appropriate box. Do not write yes or no. If the answer is “yes” you must give dates and details.
- For Questions #29A-B, give full name and address including zip codes and full telephone numbers.
- On the Mental Health Records Search forms, leave the witness section BLANK.
- ALL applicants must undergo a Criminal History Records check, regardless of previous applications at this or any police department or length of time between other applications.
- Applicants will be provided an online background check form when the application is submitted.
- Applicants who have never had a Firearm’s ID card or Handgun Purchase Permit must be fingerprinted at Morphotrak. A form will be provided when the application is submitted.
- Fees due upon application submittal (Cash or Check ONLY for exact amount, NO change given):
- $5.00 initial Firearms ID/Handgun Purchase application fee.
- $2.00 fee for each Handgun Purchase application.
Applications are processed in person, by appointment. Call 732-988-8000 ext. 427 for an appointment.
Incorrect information or undisclosed information discovered during the background check can mean automatic denial.
Must fill out and turn in THREE (3) of these:
Must Fill out and turn in TWO (2) of these:
To Apply for an Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Identification Card:
Read and Complete the Instructions and Application Form
If you have previously been fingerprinted by another agency, please use this form.
If this is the first time you will be fingerprinted, please use this form.
Click Here to Review Ordinance 17-04
IDENTIFICATION CARD REQUIREMENTS AND FEES FOR ESTABLISHMENTS
HOLDING PLENARY RETAIL CONSUMPTION LICENSES,
PLENARY RETAIL DISTRIBUTION LICENSES AND/OR CLUB LICENSES
In an emergency, dial 911