Click here for pictures taken at the event.
Move & Improve Neptune
Supporting Healthier Choices
Move & Improve Neptune is an exciting new initiative—a collaboration of local community volunteers, backed by national efforts (including CDC funding) in a movement to create healthier places where people live, learn, work, and play. The purpose is to create a healthier environment with healthier community members. Strategies, policies and environmental changes will be occurring throughout the next year and a half to address various issues that affect our community–including include physical activity, health & nutrition and tobacco use. It’s an exciting time in the Township as we help the next generation understand how to live healthier lives.
• Move and Improve Neptune is committed to make Neptune a healthier place to live, learn, work, and play by making the healthy choice the easy choice.
• Move and Improve Neptune exists to create environmental change supporting healthy behaviors concerning nutrition, physical activity, and tobacco, and to help motivate the Neptune Community to make healthier choices.
• Tobacco free outdoor spaces (parks)
• Identified and measured walking routes in town
• More Community gardens
• Seasonal Farmer’s Market in Neptune
• Increase communication and awareness
For more information, Or to join our Team:
Dawn Thompson, CPRP, RA; Recreation Director, Neptune Township firstname.lastname@example.org 732-869-1202 office
Molly Berkowitz, RN, MSN, EMT(I) Trauma Injury Prevention Coordinator
email@example.com 732-776-4515 office