REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Hazmat Technician Refresher Course
Leak Control and Chemical Suicide Response
The Neptune Township, NJ Office of Emergency Management (OEM) has adopted the HazMatIQ response system as its risk based response decision making model for hazardous materials emergencies. As such, all hazardous materials response training provided shall be consistent with the response principals and foundations of HazMatIQ - Above the Line / Below the Line System.
· Instructors shall be certified hazmat technicians, and have previous experience teaching the HazMatIQ response system.
· Various training levels to select specific audience of responders
· Train how to evaluate physical state, hazards, initial hot zones, correct meters and PPE in minutes
· Coach responders through chemical research method to verify initial set up
· Prepare responders for immediate response upon arrival on a Hazardous Materials incident
· Required to submit a course outline with proposal, in a format acceptable to attain Continuing Education Units from the New Jersey Department of health for Emergency Medical Technician certifications
Please feel free to include company profiles, references or any other information or materials applicable to the above requested services.
The Township anticipates 4 (8) hour sessions based on expected number of trainees, dates to be determined after award but prior to August 15, 2017
The training provided shall conduct 4 days of Hazmat Technician/Specialist refresher training that meets the following course agenda.
Day 1 Leak Control Course – 8 hours
8 hour Hazmat technician level course that is at least 50% hands on and includes all of the following:
Review of the HazMatIQ system Hands on leak control with leak tree(s) Review of Chlorine kit application Hands on patching/plugging
Vendor to provide leak tree and plugging patching materials, and new gaskets for Chlorine A and B kits as training consumables.
Day 2 Chemical Suicide Training – 8 hours
8 hour technician level Training that is at least 50% hands on. Couse shall include proper response protocols for chemical suicides involving cyanide, helium, hydrogen sulfide. Training shall include classroom and response scenario with live chemicals. Training will include procedures and demonstration of field neutralization and solidification of H2S mixture and decontamination procedures using electrostatic decon.
Response scenario to include a mixture of household chemicals to produce an H2S environment including evolutions for recon, rescue, and mitigation.
Vendor to provide at least 2 Level B suits and mil spec decon solution as training consumables for use in the response scenario.
Ammonia Emergency Response Course – 2 days
16 hour hazmat technician/specialist level training course on Ammonia emergencies. Course shall be at least 50% hands on and include a live ammonia release scenario.
Vendor to provide Ammonia cylinder or tank truck with hoses and prop to conduct release scenario.
Vendor to provide loaner Level A training suits for use in training course. All training consumables will become property of Neptune OEM up completion of the course.