Neptune Township Requirements for Obtaining Certified Copies
Birth, Civil Union, Death or Marriage are $15.00 each.
We accept cash, money orders and in-state checks.
Executive Order #18, signed by Governor Mc Greevy on April 24, 2002, established a new procedure for requesting vital records from the Office of Vital Statistics. The Order directed our office to authenticate the individual requesting a copy of the above-listed records, as well as their relationship to person (s) named on the record.
Acceptable forms of identification, listed below, must be presented in order to obtain a vital record:
· Valid Photo Driver’s License with current address
OR Two alternate valid forms of ID, one of which must show the current physical address:
· Non-Photo Driver’s License
· Vehicle Registration
· Insurance Card
· Voter Registration Card
· Green Card
· County ID
· School ID
· Work ID
· State ID
· Military ID
· Utility Bill (current within the last 30 days)
People who are homeless can provide identification from a social worker or homeless shelter coordinator.
People who are incarcerated can provide legal imprisonment or release documents or identification from a prison/probation/parole officer, current in the last 90 days.
If you are unable to supply us with a copy of any of the aforementioned documents, the following individuals may request it for you with their VALID ID:
· Parent, Siblings (Birth Certificate required)
· Children (Birth certificate required)
· Spouse (Marriage Certificate required)
· Partner (Civil Union required).
If mailing, please submit clear photocopies of identification listed above and include:
· Your phone number
· Self-addressed stamped envelope
· Signed request for individual(s) needed
· Full name of individual(s)
· Date of Birth (include mother’s maiden name and father’s name)
· Date of Death
· Date of Marriage and/or Civil Union
· Mail requests to Registrar, Vital Statistics, PO Box 1125, Neptune NJ 07754
· In-State checks or money order made payable to “Township of Neptune” must include phone number. Each certificate is $15.
· Please allow two weeks to process.
For further inquiries, including registering, amending or obtaining copies of vital records, please contact our office at 732-988-5200, x 221. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We are located in the Municipal Complex, 25 Neptune Blvd, Neptune NJ 07753
Hugh P. Hinds, Registrar + Katherine Iglesias, Deputy Registrar + Joyce Wilder, Alternate Deputy Registrar
To give your permission for someone to pick up a death/birth record, click here